* Data Controller- Severnside Veterinary Group
* Data Protection Manager – Karen Hughes (Practice Manager/Head Veterinary Nurse)
If you have any questions relating to this policy or how we use your personal data please get in touch with our Data Protection Manager, situated at our main branch. You can write, phone or e-mail us with your query to:
* Severnside Veterinary Group, 1 Tuthill, Lydney, Glos, GL15 5PA,
* Tel: 01594 842185
Information we collect
The information we collect is provided by you, and may include:
* personal data (name, address, phone numbers, e-mail)
* transaction data (details of payments made between us, your purchases, pet insurance details)
* financial data (payment information such as credit/debit cards or bank account details)
* interest data (your pets that are registered with us and their treatment)
How we use this information
We will only ever use your data in a lawful manner, and for our own (or a third party’s) lawful interests, provided your rights don’t override these. Our basis usually depends on either a legitimate interest or a legal obligation.
We may process your data to enable the following actions:
* to register you (and your pets) as new clients
* to allow you to purchase treatment and products from us
* to allow payment to be made for these services
* to manage payment via your pet insurance company
* to collect and recover money owed to us
* to refer your pet to another veterinary practice for specialist veterinary treatment
* to refer your pet for auxiliary veterinary services, e.g. hydrotherapy, physiotherapy
* to process your pet’s biological sample at an external laboratory
* to register your pet’s microchip with the microchip database
* to send you annual vaccination reminders
* to send you important information regarding your pet’s healthcare
Who we share your data with
As part of your pet’s treatment or the service we are providing for your pet, occasionally it is essential to share some of your data with a third party. These may include:
* Microchip registering company.
* Referral veterinary practices.
* Referral hydrotherapy practices.
* Referral veterinary physiotherapists.
* Your pet insurance company.
* Pet tags Company
* Crematorium (names only)
* Veterinary Charities, if funding treatment for your pet, e.g. CPL, RSPCA, Guide Dogs for the Blind, PDSA.
* Veterinary practices with a mutual interest when requesting pet medical histories
* External Laboratories (names only)
* Veterinary companies redeeming loyalty cards for product, e.g. Virbac -food, Ceva – Cardalis, MSD – Bravecto.
* Our IT system provider
Other uses of your data
From time to time we like to post on Facebook, or publish in a local newspaper an interesting story or photographs of patients we have seen. If we ever would like to use you or your pet for this, we will always gain your agreement and consent beforehand.
Storage of data
All our paper documentation is stored with your privacy and security in mind. It is filed and stored for the minimum statutory period specific for that data (usually 6 years).
Your data stored on our computer system is protected securely by use of an up to date computer management system with passwords and a security program in place.
We control access over who has access to information, and staff receive training regarding data protection.
Visitors to our website
No information is collected by or on behalf of Severnside Veterinary Group about users of our website. The website exists purely for informing users of our services
* You may ask us to change how we communicate with you, and how we use your data.
* You can ask us to correct your data if you find an error.
* In some cases, you can ask us to delete your data.
* You can object to processing of your data
* You can request access to any data we hold of yours
* You can request restriction of processing your data
Please contact our Data Protection Manager if you would like to make a request for any of the above.
If you are unhappy about how we have handled your data or a request regarding your data, please contact our Data Protection Manager in the first instance. If you are feel our response does not meet your expectations, you may complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).